BECOMING MAMA. AGAIN.
Our inaugural series Becoming Mama. Again. brings you
the parenting, emotional, and practical tools and tricks
to navigate your new season of motherhood.
Facilitated by MummyCon founders, Mim and Dominique,
BECOMING MAMA. AGAIN.
is your toolkit to surviving and THRIVING as you navigate motherhood with more than one child.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
NAVIGATING THIS NEW SEASON
with Mim Dart & Dominique Ben
– how to surrender to the really hard days
– how your mindset can greatly impact your mental health
– being kind to yourself
– how to ask for and accept help
HELPING YOUR LITTLE PERSON ADJUST
with Dr Georgie Bancroft
– how to help your child adjust to a new baby
– why your toddler suddenly behaves like a baby
– how to find one on one time when you have a clingy newborn
with Amberley Harris
– setting yourself up for breastfeeding success
– how breastfeeding journeys can differ between babies
– breastfeeding with a toddler in tow
– how to create a breastfeeding plan
SELF CARE & MENTAL HEALTH
with Melissa Rowe
– why you need to look after yourself first
– how to find moments of self care amongst the wild days
– red flags to watch for
– where to find mental health support
+ 4 LIVE workshops in our exclusive Facebook group, run throughout November and available for you to watch (and re-watch!) at your leisure
+ Support and solidarity from our exclusive community of mamas at the same stage of motherhood
+ Q & A time with your mentors
+ Printable resources
YOUR MAMA MENTORS
Mim is a mama of 4 and Co-Founder of MummyCon. She believes in good coffee and trusting her mama-instincts.
Dominique is Co-Founder of MummyCon and a #mamaofboys, spending her days chasing after 2 energetic boys. She is passionate about weaving awareness into her days and her motherhood.
DR GEORGIE BANCROFT
Georgie holds a Bachelor of Arts and Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychology and has gained additional certification in counselling and psychotherapy. In 2006, she was awarded Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology).
Since becoming a mother, she has focused her training in the area of child development/parenting, subsequently gaining instructor certification from the Aware Parenting Institute and Hand in Hand Parenting. She is currently engaged in further training in Emotion Focused Therapy.
Georgie currently works as a Psychologist in private practice providing connection parenting support and education to parents, families, organisations and members of the community. She assists with a range of presenting problems, including anxiety, understanding children and babies feelings, helping older children with a new baby, separation and trauma, sleep, siblings and aggression. Her aim is empower families to build strong parent-child connections ❤️
Amberley Harris is a Melbourne based Midwife in private practice with her own breastfeeding consultancy business. Amberley has over 12 years’ experience working as a Midwife in both the public and private hospital setting and is a proud co-producer of two darling humans in more recent years. With a highly engaged audience of over 18,000 followers on social media, Amberley is also a micro-influencer in the world of motherhood & maternal wellness. Amberley’s move to entrepreneurship was for two reasons. Firstly because this is where she knew she could make significant, impactful change to global breastfeeding statistics and secondly because she could be philanthropic every step of the way.
As part of her #662 movement, Amberley has currently just crowd funded and raised over $37k to create a Breastfeeding Documentary. The Documentary, designed to make waves in the breastfeeding sphere, is in the middle of being made and Amberley is travelling all over the world with her filmmaker, in order to bring this epic showpiece to life.
I am a mental health social worker, mother, counsellor, lover of nature, maker of things and self nurturer.
My mission is to reunite mothers with their natural parenting ability so that they can transform their families from frustration to a place of deep connection, trust and love.
Becoming Mama. Again. is for you if:
- you are pregnant with your second or third child
- you have recently welcomed another child into your family
- you’re unsure about how to manage the juggle in this new phase of motherhood
- you’re worried how your older children will adjust to the new baby
- you’re feeling overwhelmed at what is ahead
- you’re confident about your mothering but feel the need for some extra support
- you want practical how tos, real life tools and a supportive community